Read is not only a place for this WORLD but I kindly extend my invitation to the ALIENS as well....!!!



Monday, September 19, 2011

THIS IS LIFE MY FRIENDS )))


Ok. Let’s get to the point. When I entered my class, my teacher Sir Fahd Yunus, out of the blue, started discussing something. I would like all of you to give a thought to it as well. It’s about US (no not about America), about our LIFE!!!

It is one of the trickiest but most peculiar and in a way very mind teasing philosophical theory of Plato!!! Now dont stop reading, its about to get Interesting!!!

According to him our life is equivalent to a mere dream and nothing else……how?? Let me explain.

The screen on which you are reading my blog is real and exists. Is their any doubt about its existence?? No, because you can feel it, touch it and you are cent percent sure that it’s all True, right? Yes!!

Now, (I hope you are with me, just visualize) let me ask you a simple question. Haven’t we all seen a DREAM in which we are Falling from a higher place, be it stairs, building or a mountain. I think we all have!!

Plato
In that Dream, in which we are Falling, we are convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that we are REALLY falling and are about to die. For us, at that moment nothing is as real and as true as our Dream!!! We can actually feel and see ourselves falling, aren’t we?? Yes, we do!

 But then what happens next? We get up and find ourselves, back to our world!!! And whatever happened in our sleep we simply name it as DREAM!!

Similarly the place you are sitting at, the screen you are reading this, which seems REAL and TRUE to you might as well be a DREAM just like the one you see in which you are convinced beyond any reasonable doubt about it’s being True!! Am I Right? Yes!!

That’s how Plato says that our life is just like a dream and we might someday get out of our sleep to find its reality!

P.S. if you don’t understand it then read and visualize it once again, it’s simple.

No matter whatever label or tag you put on this life, we should not forget one important thing. We are not here without a purpose…….spreading gloom, sadness, is surely not it.  

Similarly living it through just like it; in fun, party, wasting time is also equal to a zero-sum game!!  

From now onwards make one basic commitment with yourself! Do things in a way that whenever you are asked the question why? You have an answer to it, a good one! Whenever you look back, you don’t feel bad and sad about yourself and then only you would be able to spend a wonderful life!! And would be able to Spread Happiness in the lives of others as well!!

Have a Nice Life!!

8 comments:

MianTariq said...

Usama Rehman! I have read your dreamy post. Sometimes dreams come true.
However, I am still dreaming your becoming member of my site. But my dream is still unfulfilled as you didn't join my site yet nor did you leave any comment on any of my post.
I strongly urge your visit.
Keep up your intellectual work of dreaming.
You have to have a vision to set a goal which you can target for your ultimate success.

the other side of me said...

Yeah..spread happiness and never look back anything that makes you regret :D

avecwings said...

very well written...
I did learn a lesson...
true lifes all abt moving on HAPPILY with a purpose towards a goal, living and cherishing every moment as we move on...
:)
4 sum reason just want to thank u.. Thanx..

Usama Rehman said...

@ Tariq Mian: I am loving your dreamy comment..my intellectual work on dreaming!! haha!
its just that pessimism has never allowed us to look at the brighter side but then thats part and parcel of life!!!
Dont worry I am your life-time member of your blog!!

@other side of me: you got the message....wonderful
thanks!!

@avecwings: its really nice seeing you understand the implicit message!! thanks for ur appreciation, its my pleasure!!

Aliza said...

Oh hey,Im from BLA too,and I didnt know you blog! :O

Well,this was much a pleasant surprise,seeing a familiar face in the blogophere.Finally :P

And the post was nice (:

Aliza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MianTariq said...

Usama!
my posts feel hunger of your comments.

Anonymous said...

Usama, thank you. I found your comment on my blog at tribune. you said rightly about the cynics but i think the piece was really bad because it was a bad editing job. you can read original unedited post here

http://safdarsikandar.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/the-morning/#comment-90

and by coincidence i happen to be sir fahd's student too at tabani's(i am sure you have heard of it) and he discussed a similar concept with us as well and you have presented it nicely here at your blog.